U@UNSW Ambassadors assist the U@UNSW staff to coordinate and run the two U@UNSW conferences held on Kensington campus in September and January each year.
Who should apply?
If you’ve participated in a U@UNSW program while at high school or attended a school we currently partner with, then you’ll make an ideal U@UNSW Ambassador. You must be a current UNSW student, self-motivated, friendly and enthusiastic about helping young people.
By being part of the U@UNSW program, you can really help students who have experienced difficult circumstances realise their university dream and show them what it would be like to come to UNSW.
As a U@UNSW Ambassador, you will assist staff to run a conference by managing student registrations, organising networking and team-building activities, distributing meals and snacks, leading campus tours and packing up and packing down event spaces etc.
This experience will help you:
- improve your leadership and communication skills
- facilitate teams while building confidence in young people
- improve your event planning and organisation skills
- build your social and professional networks
- have fun and make heaps of new friends
- qualify for the UNSW Advantage Program
- be a role model for students thinking about coming to UNSW.
All U@UNSW Ambassadors must attend a two-hour training workshop to prepare you for the U@UNSW student conferences. During training you will learn:
- all of the components that make up the U@UNSW program
- your roles and responsibilities while working with U@UNSW
- how to use your leadership skills to facilitate activities and games
- why the U@UNSW program is so important.
Applications open in July for the September conference and again in November for the January conference.